POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water Bubbles (41.5 KB) : Re: Water Bubbles (41.5 KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water Bubbles (41.5 KB)
From: David Heys
Date: 31 Jul 2000 18:07:19
Message: <3985f897@news.povray.org>
Chris S. <chr### [at] bluelectrodecom> wrote in message
> You're probably right...but when is water pressure uniform?  Even in
> swimming pools there are slight currents jostling bubbles into odd shapes.
> Still, the general shape does look pretty good and lives up to DeWitt's
> jellyfish theory.

Good point about the currents. Temperature gradients would also play a
factor.

> I know the scene is meant just for test purposes but what really strikes
me
> is the media.  It looks quite natural and works well.  Do you think you
> could e-mail me the source?

Since you asked so nicely, I've posted the source for the scene to p.b.s.f.
:{)
The media, as you'll see, has a simple turbulated marble density map. In my
mind, it seemed like a quick cheat to simulate light rays beaming down into
the water.

David